During a hunt, some of the blood is spilled, mainly because the vampire is not familiar with the territory they are hunting on.
When hunting on owned territory, no blood is spilled, so vampires will collect the maximum rewards. When hunting on someone else's territory, approximately 40% of the blood collected will be spilled. 50% of the spilled blood can be claimed by the territory owners. When hunting on unclaimed territory, approximately 80% of the blood collected will be spilled. The blood spilled on unclaimed territory will be lost.
When hunting on the territory of a fellow Clan member, the spilled blood is split between the hunter and the territory owner.
The below image depicts the Filth Range of a Vampire that encompasses:
- 1 Owned territory - black shade hexagon
- 1 Other Player Owned territory - purple shade hexagon
- Unowned territory - the rest of the territory covered by the circle
Filth Range of a Vampire encompassing 1 Owned Territory (black shade), 1 Other Player Territory (purple shade) and unowned territory
For the sake of calculations let's consider this example:
- Territory owned by the player hunting represents 20% of the Filth Range circle
- Territory owned by other player represents 20% of the Filth Range circle
- Unowned territory represents 60% of the Filth Range circle
For this example we will consider that the Vampire hunting will generate 100 Blood in rewards. When calculating spillage, we get the following results:
- 0% spillage for 20% of the rewards (as 1 territory is owned by the player) => 0 Blood spilled
- 40% spillage for 20% of the rewards (as 1 territory is owned by another player) => 8 Blood spilled
- 80% spillage for 60% of the rewards (as the rest is unowned) => 48 Blood spilled
- All of this results in a reward of 44 Blood (100 - 8 - 48) for the hunt.
The spillage that happens on unowned territory (48 Blood) is distributed as follows:
- 10% (4.8 Blood) to Working Vampires in the hunt area
50% of the spillage on territories owned by players other than the player hunting is earned by the territory owners.